Thursday, July 19, 2012

La Colombe

I've been hearing a lot about La Colombe lately. It's a fair trade coffee shop with one location in Chicago and other locations in Philadelphia, New York City, and Seoul. There has been a lot of buzz about their cold-press coffee so I decided to try it prior to meeting Lauren for our adventure at The Aviary (more on that in the next post). The coffee shop itself is not really set up for long-term sitting - the seating is not comfortable and the decor is minimalist - natural woods and shapes. I'll have to admit I didn't know what I was doing and took my drink before it was finished being made (the guy alerted me after I'd already added cream and sugar). They cold-press the coffee right in front of you so now I know perfection takes time. A real lesson in patience! The coffee was a little on the strong, bitter side for me so I did not leave a fan.  I am, however, interested in trying their bottled cold-pressed coffee as I have heard excellent things about it.




People really enjoy their cell phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment