Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Well, hello there.

Hello. I've been feeling the pressure lately from friends and family to start a food blog, so here goes. I am pretty much obsessed with food and beginning to wonder if I need to go to a Food Lovers Anonymous group. When I am not eating I think about what my next meal is going to be. It's one of the things that gets me through the day. This blog is not going to only be about food, but about my adventures in the city of Chicago. I just moved into a one bedroom apartment in Ravenswood Manor and I am quite busy decorating it and making it look like my home so I will be posting things on here about that. I also love fashion and shopping so there'll be a little about that too. I am on a budget and real traveling is out of that budget so I am on a mission to get to know every corner of my little town. I will be getting a better camera, but until then please bear with me as I use cell phone pictures (eek I know!). I will get into the groove, I promise!
Last Saturday night, my friend Jessie and I met our friend Nina in La Grange where she lives. We had a wonderful dinner on the sidewalk patio at Prasino (sorry I didn't take pics as it was during this dinner that they convinced me to start this blog.) Afterwards, we walked around, enjoyed the weather and stopped at this fantastic ice cream shop called Tate's. They make all of their ice creams in the store every day. I ordered the blueberry waffle (the flavor of the blueberry was delicious, although I could've done without the waffle). We were able to try as many flavors as we wanted and I tried nearly half of them. All spectacular! They also sell nostalgic candies and have the cutest old-fashioned cafe tables and chairs.
Nom nom blueberry ice cream.

This is Jessie and Nina, two of my best friends. Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment